Thursday, June 9, 2011

Vacation Bible School 2011

This week our church, First Baptist of Blackshear, is hosting VBS for children ages 2 - 5th grade. This is the first year that Ella has gone all nights and it has been so much fun. I am helping to teach her group (2 & 3s) and the Pre-K class. The kids have done crafts, heard Bible stories, played with each other, and made/sang their own music. However, I have most enjoyed the last 30 minutes of the evening. From 8 to 8:30 all of the kids get together in the sanctuary for the worship rally. Here they recap the night and sing lots of songs. I tell you... seeing 150+  kids excited about being at church and praising God is a sight to behold.

An even greater sight is your own child dancing around and singing about the love of God and our need to trust Him. While Ella doesn't always stand up and participate, she has twirled around a bit but has always had a great time. My favorite part is hearing her sing to her daddy... "I want to love you moooore."

There is something about seeing young people, the heart of the Father, worship Him with abandon. I will treasure these moments for a long time.

The actors tell the story of Nicodemus to an awe-struck crowd ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment