I had gotten Heath a Wii game and card for Father's Day. Although pretty simple, I thought it was one of the better cards I have ever come across. You see, I HATE card shopping... there are SO FEW that honestly describe how I feel. Even the funny ones are way off base sometimes. Anyhow, I really did LOVE this card. And NO, I did not scan the inside. Heath is a fantastic writer of card messages; me, not so much. And it's personal anyways.
The Saturday right before Father's Day we spent the evening at Nana's. Our little G-man (Garrison) had wrote cards for all of the dads there and I just had to blog it. G can get a little crazy sometimes, but I love the kid so much.
I'm not sure if this is Garrison and Uncle Heath playing catch or shooting guns, both of which they enjoy.
We brought my dad back from the Dark Ages and got him a Droid. Turns out he needed a "global" one, so he didn't get the Droid X like Heath and I have. All of Dad's buddies have pretty techno phones and he had been wanting one real bad.
Even if a little late, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for the wonderful fathers in my life. Granddaddy, you walk the talk like no one else I know. You're not Heath's daddy, but you have shaped who he is as a good father would. To my Daddy--if you would've told me 10 years ago that we would think and act so much alike, I would've laughed in your face. You were always pretty tough on us growing up, but I am a better parent and person everyday because of you. I love you so much Dad.
And to my babies Daddy--if the two angels we have are blessed with husbands like mine, they will be alright in life. You are a better father everyday, and parenting with you--while not always easy--is the best job ever. I love the second verse of this song...
Along comes a baby girl
And suddenly my little world
And suddenly my little world
Just got a whole lot bigger, yes it did
And people that I barely knew
They love me cause I’m part of you
Man it’s tough to figure
How two souls could be miles from one another
But still you and me somehow found each other...
(Without You, Keith Urban)
Happy Father's (and Grandfather's) Day!



No comments:
Post a Comment