Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Grown up Girl

Today I took my sister to Jacksonville to take a registry test for her job. I had planned to leave both girls at Donna's for the day, but after spending the night with my Aunt Jenn, Ella decided that she wanted to go with the big girls. Ella certainly loves her Mema, but I realized this morning that she is really beginning to enjoy "big girl" things too... like shopping with Mommy and Aunt Jenn.

Ella will be four a week from today. It really seems like she's been a part of my life as long as I can remember. And yet, it's as if just yesterday we brought our lil' firecracker home. Thinking about her growing up reminds me of all the growing up she's already done in her four short years...
...that her first word was "Joel" and she hasn't stopped talking since!
...the hip-hop-anonymous that same Joel taught her to say when she was 2.
...how the summer she was two and she fell in love with hippos but called them "hippothomases."
...how she knew her ABCs and colors and shapes by age 2 also.
...how sharp her memory and vocabulary are. The kid doesn't forget anything!
...how real her understanding of faith and Jesus and Heaven is, and how very weak my faith seems in comparison.

Yep. This little turkey laying next to me in the bed is something pretty special. I can't remember life without her--and don't really want to.
Ella & Mommy
Monster Jam, February 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment