Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Year Older

So here I am, spending the last few minutes of my 28th birthday blogging. My 28th year on this earth has been a pretty incredible one. The Lord has truly blessed me! The biggest (or smallest, I suppose you could say) blessing is named Eliza Clare. We celebrated her first birthday last weekend and I can't believe that since my last birthday has come and gone, she has arrived, grown by leaps and bounds, and is now a beautiful, happy, walking and talking toddler. I was also blessed to see my Ella turn three and became a minivan mom this past year. Although there doesn't seem to be a great deal of big events in my last year on this earth, it is the everyday, seemingly mundane stuff that I have grown to love so much.

I love the first big squeeze I get from Eliza as I pick her up out of her crib each morning. I love when Ella calls me Mommy and that she learns something new everyday. I love that my husband tells me that I am beautiful and that he loves me everyday too. I love spending Sunday afternoons after church out at my parents' house, no matter what we eat. I love Nana's monthly gatherings and watching the cousins play together. I love going to work everyday--no really, I do! Teenagers might be crazy, but they keep me young (28 years young now). I also work with some of the most incredible people I've ever met. People that care about me and about each other like family... I love that my sister is my best friend. Lord knows that we fought enough growing up, but I would do it all again to have what we have today. I love my church. Getting to work with the youth on Sunday nights has allowed me to get to know some awesome people that love young people and love God. I REALLY love my Sunday school class too. It has never in my life been so easy to get up and go to church. Thank you Andy and all of the others.

There is so much about this life that I love. And another birthday gives me another opportunity to reflect on all that I do have and love about this crazy life that is mine. Should I not get another day or year, I have been blessed beyond measure. Beyond all that I could ever imagine.

Thank you Heavenly Father, for another birthday. Help me to realize that each day You give isn't ordinary, but extraordinary. May the words of Nicole Nordeman be my prayer...

So grant us peace, Jesus, grant us peace
Move our hearts to hear a single beat
Between alibis and enemies tonight
Or maybe not, not today
Peace might be another world away
And if that's the case ...

We'll give thanks to You with gratitude
For lessons learned in how to trust in You
That we are blessd beyond what we could ever dream
In abundance or in need
And if You never grant us peace ...

But, Jesus, would You please ...

This is the envelope that Heath put my card in.
Did I mention that I love my children?
I love that God has blessed Ella with incredible intelligence for a three year old.
Heath said that he showed her how to write this on a napkin but she wrote everything that is on the envelope.
Blessed beyond measure, for sure.








No comments:

Post a Comment