Over the years I have had some pretty special classes and kids. There are certainly those that I will never forget and those who will have a special place in my heart for a lifetime. This year's classes certainly contain a few of those children.
Today was a special day for myself and a one of the best classes I've ever had. While Brandon, Krystal, Martha, and I knew that this crew had potential, we never imagined the success they'd experience. Every single kid in this class exceeded the CRCT in all areas (except for reading, which only a few didn't). Can you believe it? We've never had a such a group of kids! Therefore, we knew we wanted to do something special for them...
So... I bought 500 water balloons (although we only filled about 50 or 60) and 35 cans of shaving cream.... and you can guess the fun that was had. We took them to a small clearing away from the school and let them have at it. Of course, being a 7th grade teacher, I had to participate myself! It was about as much fun as I've ever had with a group of kids. They all were good sports and had a great time. Mr. Carlson said that the only rules were no shaving cream in the hair or face, but I chose to disregard his rules and of course creamed every head of hair I could get my hands on. :) Here is the final product:
Of course, I can't even begin to tell you who each of them are from this picture!
The group certainly contains a lot a spectacular kids, but there is one whom I treasure dearly--my lil' attendance girl--Regan Sikes. Regan is one of the funniest, wittiest, smartest, and greatest kids to ever have walked through my door. I love her laugh and the fact that she loves my laugh too. I love that she is so well-rounded and cares genuinely for those around her. Regan is the kind of girl you hope your little girl grows up to be like... which is probably why she feels like my own kid already.
![]() |
| Regan and I after the shaving cream fight! |
![]() |
| Regan and I after the 2011 Athletic Awards |
It's been my pleasure Regan. I love 'ya kid and there will never be another one like 'ya.
Just promise me you won't turn into one of those eighth graders who goes off and forgets those crazy middle school teachers, okay?






No comments:
Post a Comment