Really? I keep wanting to pinch myself because this school year CANNOT be over already. Really? Why is it the best years go by the fastest?
I told my coworker Brandon today that I think all of the frustrations of the year are worth the time spent with the kids the last few days of school. Yesterday we had field day (which the Sportin' Bears lost--again) and hung out in the afternoon. We introduced a few kids to the game Catch Phrase and played fence volleyball ;) and ate some crazy delicious watermelon. But, while I was at lunch... three of my most precious students (along with Mr. Carlson) decided they'd get me pretty good... Regan, Ashlee, and Brandon (Sapp) had a little too much fun with my ride!
 |
| Even Elmo couldn't escape the attack--although I hear he scared the mess out of Ashlee! |
Because I know these children and LOVE THEM DEARLY, I just couldn't be mad. It was actually pretty funny...
 |
The Crazy Catch Phrase Crew
(most of them at least) |
 |
| Me & Laurel |
 |
She shouldn't be smiling because those two
aggrevated the mess out of her! |
 |
Regan--
Sweet just like them watermelons! |
 |
| Don't know what these three were thinking! |
 |
The Laugh Heard 6 miles away...
Right Regan? |
 |
| So after I retire from teaching I'm going to be a supermodel! ;) |
 |
Jamie & the Girl that freaks out when
she makes a 97 ;)
Love 'ya Liza! |
 |
| SBK & Regan |
 |
| Ashlee & Mr. Carlson |
 |
The Most Beautiful Pregnant
Lady Ever! |
 |
| Fence Volleyball Feet |
Today--sniffle, sniffle...tear, tear--was the last day of school. I really am still kind of shocked. Although there were a few rough days, overall this year's group was very easy to love. And man do I love some of them dearly!
 |
| Me and my FAVORITE redhead Liza |
 |
| Mrs. Franklin and SaraBeth |
 |
| Ashlee & Me |
 |
| Alexus & Me & Mr. Hot Dog Face |
This bittersweet last day of school started with a spectacular performance by the Black Eyed PC Peas and their fantastic glow-in-the-dark dance crew! It was an awesome yearbook dedication ceremony as the eighth graders danced a routine to an 80s jam. After the annuals were given out, we all sat around in the hallways signing yearbooks (in some cases Alexus, paragraphs, and in others, Regan, text versions) and hanging out. After lunch we signed some more books and at 1:00 the kids went to gym to sign together. However, a small group of my most favorite, special students decided to hang out for a Catch Phrase rematch! I really had created some monsters... I mean--it must be a great game if you go out and buy it that night! ;) Love you Rego! Anyways, this game got CRAZY... with everything from Regan's SHUT YOUR MOUTH to Liza's hand motions for breastfeeding and JEALOUSY to the insane way Yasmeen could guess answers (and they were usually right)! Whew... those girls had my sides hurtin'. Thankfully my team won one and Mr. Carlson's won one.
 |
The Catch Phrase Crew
(minus Mr. Carlson) |
 |
| Regan & Ashlee |
 |
| It's all those muscles Alexus! |
 |
| A Lovely Crew |
After the rest of the students got back we headed outside for some fence volleyball! And let me tell you--Ashlee Hunt was a BEAST (not to be confused with her boyfriend of 30 times this year)! No, she was really a beast this afternoon on the fence for us girls.
And before I knew it the bell was ringing! And another year was over. Although I didn't shed a tear, I was emotionally drained. I don't know if I've ever been so sad to see a group go.
 |
| Rego & Me |
Especially since that group included Rego. I forgot to mention earlier that she brought me some super cute earrings and wrote this amazing letter to me. You see, I told her that two minutes to say goodbye in her annual wasn't enough so I was going to write her a letter and she agreed. So I got the most adorable earrings, but even better than that was the goodbye letter. I gave her this little collage I made--and yes, I told her she MUST be SPECIAL because I certainly never made anyone anything before. My girl Regan. I miss that kid already!
 |
| My Girl! |
 |
This is Regan's ALL CAPS text face...
Her YOU BETTER GROUP ALL YOUR TEXTS TOGETHER face! |
 |
| Me & Regan Howard Briscoe ;) |
So here I am! Five years down and 25 to go. If the Lord will only bless me with a few more spectualar years like this one, I will consider it a most successful career. Thanks to each of my students this year who have reminded me why I absolutely LOVE what I do everyday. To those extra special ones--and you know who you are--thanks for reminding me of the power of young people... the power of youth to shape the lives of those older; the power to leave a POSITIVE lasting impression. It has been my privilege to teach you this year!
Two months rest and it all begins again...
No comments:
Post a Comment