A week ago today I had my very first school conference with Ella's pre-k teacher Mrs. Rhonda Bennett. She said Ella is a wonderful student and is incredibly bright (probably one of the top five in her class!). I know it's bragging, but I really am so proud of my big girl. Even with the knowledge she came to pre-k with, Mrs. Bennett said that Ella has worked hard and learned even more. She said that Ella could stay in the art center all afternoon, and is very creative. Ella also loves naptime!
Mrs. Bennett had lots of wonderful things to say about my big girl, but what she shared near the end of the conference made me beam with pride and could be one of the proudest moments of my short Mommy career... Mrs. Bennett shared that just the other day another child and Ella were having a conversation about Christmas and faith; the other child was a Jehovah's Witness. She told me that she had never seen such a young child defend her faith. She said Ella stood her ground about what she believed concerning Jesus and Heaven and Christmas. I tell you, I could've cried. I told Heath later that all of the frustration and anxiety that comes along with parenting is washed away when someone tells you that your child is sharing her faith in Jesus Christ. However, I deserve none of the credit; be it all for His glory! His Holy Spirit is at work even in the lives of the little children.
I look forward to many more school conferences like the one last Monday. Mommy is so PROUD of you Ella! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment