Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shots, shots, and more shots...

It was a time that I had dreaded for awhile... Ella turned four the same month that Eliza turned fifteen months and any mother knows that those two dates are important because they mean IMMUNIZATIONS.

We love our Dr. Maria and his staff very much but he suddenly closed his office to take care of some family business back in his home country. After asking around I made an appointment with the highly recommended Dr. Jones in Jesup. I had heard horror stories about this set of shots for both and brought my mom along for the ride.  ;)

Dr. Jones and his staff/office were so nice. However, there is just nothing like knowing a place (we missed Ms. Stephanie and our favorite doctor). Ella had to do all kinds of stuff for the first time ;) but I am proud to say that her hearing and vision is wonderful! So much for listening though...

Ella is 40 1/4 inches tall (the 70th percentile) and 43 lbs (the 90th percentile)! If you know me or Ella, you might find this surprising because she really doesn't eat a whole lot... Eliza is 32 3/4 inches tall (95th percentile), 24.5 lbs (75th percentile), with a whopping 19 1/2 inch noggin' (98th percentile)! My smart girl has a big 'ol brain!

After all that wonderful information and a thorough check by Dr. Jones, it was time for the dreaded shots. Ella got 4, yes FOUR. I hate needles and worse than that I hate watching my child experience pain, but she was a TROOPER! She actually (although crying) wanted to watch them give her the shot! She cried just a minute and then settled down. Eliza ONLY had two (whew...) and thankfully by the time we walked out of the room both weren't crying anymore. I was so proud of both of my girls. They certainly aren't wimps like their momma. ;)

A Dilly bar, french fries, and chicken nuggets later, along with a furry, white (stuffed) bunny and play tools later, we headed home. What a Friday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment