Today was the first day of the new school year. Overall, I think everything went pretty well... except that there are only a bajillion of them! Seriously! I have never had a homeroom or class of 31!
The strangest part of the day was definitely the beginning. Strange and totally depressing. You see, I had really convinced myself that my kiddo and all of her buddies would waltz right in like usual. But they didn't. And I got upset all over again.
I've mentioned a few times before how special this past year's group has been. And in case you haven't picked up on it, there is one who is certainly more special than all the rest. ;) Although I'd adopt any of them! Today she brought me her science journal just so she could give me a hug! And I was so grateful. Then tonight she says she wishes she had 173 other journals to bring :) How do you not love a kid like that??
Anyways, I am excited for all that the year holds. We 7th grade grade teachers love to prove others wrong ;)
But I will miss you everyday kiddo. Everyday.



No comments:
Post a Comment