Saturday, July 31, 2010

A St. Augustine Summer, Day 3

Yesterday was much the same as Sunday; I say yesterday because I didn’t sit to type anything last night. Our day began with blueberry muffins that refused to cook correctly. We headed to the beach and set up camp for awhile. Eliza slept  in the cool ocean breeze while Ella, Garrison, and I built sand castles. We also played in the water trying to catch fish; Garrison caught a fish Uncle Steven said was a “pogey.” It was a beautiful day at the beach.

Vacation_2010_035    Vacation_2010_037

Everybody headed up to the condo where Aunt Marcia made a fabulous hot dog croissant lunch for all. They were delicious! The children laid down for a nap while the adults enjoyed the breeze on the porch. We made the quick decision to go out for supper and chose the Sunset Grille. Who knew Garrison could put down some crab legs! Taking all the children out was an experience…  :)

Marcia and I left the restaurant with the little girls to pick up a few things at Target while the daddies took the big kids to the park to play. Eliza showed Lily & Aunt Marcia that she doesn’t like to ride in the car!

When we all returned home, Ella, Garrison, Steven, and I took the big kids swimming underneath the stars! Aunt Marcia & Lily and Daddy & Eliza watched by the pool. We thought the kids would go down easily, but we were very wrong… and we didn’t get to sleep until around 11.

I’m sitting here typing as Eliza is taking an early nap and Heath has taken Garrison and Ella to the beach until the pool opens. Uncle Steven doesn’t feel well and Marcia has gone to get him some medicine. We are looking very much forward to the arrival of the grandmothers this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment