Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ella's 3rd Birthday


On Saturday, July 3rd, we had Ella's third birthday party at And Bounce in Blackshear. We arrived a little too early and she got to see the bouncers being blown up (which she thought was totally cool).

Dressed in her Ella Elmo shirt, she anxiously awaited the arrival of all her pals. Savannah, Alaina, Ava, Claire, Dalana, Cole, Seth, Kellen, Garrison, and Lily all came to celebrate her big day. The ran around, jumped, bounced, slid, and danced until they were completely worn out. Needless to say, I'm pretty sure they all had a great time...I know Ella did!

After jumping, we had pizza and Elmo cake (thanks Mema). We didn't get the video camera out in time to record the singing of Happy Birthday, but I hope that I never forget the look on Ella's face. We had been talking for weeks about the party and her upcoming big day. Other birthdays came and went and she knew hers was next. After lighting the three candles on her cake, we began singing to her. I don't think I've ever seen her smile so big... She looked up at me many times during the song and never lost that grin. She was soooo excited that it was finally her turn. Everyone was singing to her (although I did see her sing some of the song herself)!



Ella opened presents and got lots of great things. Barbies and Play Dough and coloring books and an oven and dolls/van/horse and a dalmation are now scattered throughout my house (among other new play things). Mommy & Daddy got her a scooter that her dad has told me she does NOT need to be taught how to ride--because she can do it herself... It was awesome to see her amazement and wonder as she opened each gift with a "wow!"



Everyone had a great time and the party was a success. Nobody had to suffer through the miserable heat that is a summertime birthday, especially little sister Eliza.





My little girl turned three this weekend.
Where have the years gone to?

2 comments: