Whew! What a day! The summer sun can sure take it out of ‘ya…
Although the sleep was less than satisfactory, Ella slept well and Eliza woke only once through the night. We woke this morning, ate a delicious breakfast of pancakes and sausage (thank you Aunt Marcia), and slathered on the sunblock for our first day at the beach. With toys and chairs and children in tow, we headed out for the sun and sand.
Eliza passed out as soon as we settled into our spot and slept long enough for mommy to play in the sand a bit with Ella. Aunt Marcia and Lily sat in the shade with me and Ella and Garrison soon joined daddy and Uncle Steven in the ocean. Everyone played and played. I spun Ella and Garrison around on the boogie board and jumped waves with Ella. I am soooooo glad that she is excited about the water this year.
After lunch on the patio, the children laid down (well, sort of…) and Heath & I enjoyed the ocean breeze on the patio. When Ella woke up, I took her and Eliza (who finally fell asleep) and Aunt Marcia took Lily and Garrison to the pool. Lily finally caught some zzz’s while she was floating around. Ella swam and floated (thank you Granny) around, having a good time.
The daddies came home from the store, supper was cooked, and we headed out for our favorite summertime sweet treat—the Marble Slab Creamery. Well, um….needless to say, it was an expensive trip for meltdowns. After $17 worth the ice cream, about which Ella pouted because she didn’t get the chocolate sprinkles, we took two very tired girls home. Baths and bedtime quickly followed.
Once again, it is quiet (hallelujah) and I am alone in the living room. The Chessers have all retired for the night and I am winding down. Blogging everyday is important to me because I don’t want to forget all the wonderful, even if seemingly ordinary, things that happen everyday. I don’t want to forget how Eliza smiled and cooed and talked all day, while slobbering her shirt wet. I don’t want to forget how Ella stood alongside the ledge of the pool, swimmies on, and sang the randomness of words that fill her beautiful head. I don’t want to forget how she told me that I was her best friend and we could be best friends forever or that we found a crab together in the sand that she let go so he could find his mama.
While raising children is quite possibly the most stressful and exhausting job in the entire world, there is no other profession like it. Both of my girls are growing so quickly, and I want to record a snapshot of each day of this special week so that we can all remember.



No comments:
Post a Comment