I know it seems weird, but I have honestly thought for days about blogging again (which I haven't done in like a year). Primarily because a pretty big event has arrived in my life...
Today I am 30 years old.
I know it's not a big deal and lots of people tell me that they love their 30s. But there is just something I can't get past... and I really can't put my finger on it. I have fretted and dreaded this day since last May 1st, 2012, knowing that my 20s were coming to an end.
We have been on a field trip to Skidaway Island this week and this morning I tried to do something I have not done in the last year... watch the sunrise. Wouldn't 'ya know it was cloudy. And yet, I stood there and began praying and thinking. Thinking about all of the people and experiences and places 30 years has taken me. Trials that have hurt and sometimes scarred, brought tears and sometimes pain, but also celebrations that have brought joy and laughter and have shaped the person that is me.
Three decades. 10,950 days.
I stood on the balcony, looking at the sky, with so many emotions and thoughts raging inside of me, amazed at how many heartbeats and breaths the Lord has given (yes, the science teacher in me considers this). And He reminded me of Psalm 46:10,
Be still and know that I am God.
I tried my best to wash my mind of 30 years of life and living and give Him a few moments. Be still.
For days I have typed and retyped this blog post in my brain. What do say about 30 years of life? How do you put into words all of those memories? And then I read my husband's card when I got home.
"I hope that as you turn 30, you don't look back but instead focus your eyes forward because the best is yet to come."
So, as I sit here a little emotional about the big 3-0, I know two things for sure.
My life, all 10,950 days of it thus far, has been purposed by Almighty God. Some days I'm not sure where I'm going or what I'm doing, but His strength is made perfect in my weaknesses. I pray that however many days He has left for me that I will bring Him glory in at least some part of each one.
Secondly, I am blessed beyond measure and my cup is running over. There's no way to say thank you and I love you enough to all of the special people in my life. You know who you are.
It has been a rough 29, dreading this day. But as I begin a new chapter in my life, I'm going to do as my husband suggests (I know, he is allowed to be right sometimes) and keep my eyes forward.
The best really is yet to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment