Ella hadn’t asked for much except a bike/helmet and most importantly, a Lady toy. When she woke up this morning she went first and climbed on her new bike. It wasn’t until she was on the bike that she discovered a Lady toy hanging out of her stocking!
I told her that Santa must have gotten her letter and she must have been a good girl this year to get exactly what she wanted. We then discovered that Santa had eaten all of the cookies “Mommy” laid out (thanks Heath) and drank all of the milk too! He left us a note tell Ella that Rudolph and Frosty had reported that she had been sleeping in her own bed and listening to her Mommy & Daddy. He was also very proud of her manners.
We weren’t sure if Ella would be concerned with anything past the Lady toy but she was excited about opening the presents. Santa brought her a dollhouse and matching baby stuff, a Leap Frog letter writer, a puppy vet Barbie, Candy Land, puzzles, a few other things. Eliza, while mostly concerned with the ribbons and bows, opened up a Wheel Pals lion, a Leap Frog Fridge Farm, an Elmo remote and a laughing toy, and some squishy blocks. Both of my girls have been very good this year! I must also have been pretty good because Santa left a beautiful charm bracelet in my stocking. It has Ella and Eliza’s birthstones and an I love you charm on it.
We spent some time sitting together but had to quickly get ready to go to Granny & Poppy’s. Eliza and I stayed in jammies but Ella and Daddy got dressed. We took our two new puppies, Lady and Ginger with us to play outside. When we got to their house, Ella and Daddy played outside with the puppies and their sister Marlee. Eliza and I went inside and were soon eating blueberry muffins and hot chocolate (for me at least). Jenn and Drew showed up and so did Mr. Tommy and Mrs. Sandra (Savannah’s Mimi and Papa). We visited and then opened lots more presents (too many to list here)… I will say that I did get an a stand mixer! 
Back to the kitchen, of course, because then it was time for lunch! Ham (possibly the best ever), hashbrown casserole, carrots, green beans, mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, sweet potato soufflĂ©, and yeast rolls—all of which will lead to a very good nap. We watched some TV but the next little while is pretty vague…
We played and snacked and napped a little more in the afternoon. Daddy loaded up all of our stuff—and our puppies—and we headed home. I bathed the dogs first thing and Ella played with her abundance of new toys. Next was bath time and Eliza went quickly to bed. Did I mention that she is cutting two or three top teeth now? We discovered that on Thursday.
Ella and I played with her new dollhouse and Barbies and then Dad joined us for a game of Candy Land. We then jumped into the big bed to watch her new Gigi movie.
Whew… and here I am. Trying to recapture the memories of the day (obviously there are sooo many). Heath is sleeping next to me and Ella is (after some serious tears) in her own bed.
We had a great Christmas Eve and Day. You know, I think every post could be titled as yesterday’s. Every day of my life may not be perfect, but they certainly are wonderful because of the people that are a part of it. I love you all dearly—especially my husband and girls.
Thank you God for blessing me beyond measure. I am so lucky to be mom to two amazing daughters and even luckier to be Your daughter. Thank you for this time of year to remind us of that love—that love that sent your own son to Earth as a baby in barn.
You can view our Christmas Day pictures here.
You can view our Christmas Day pictures here.



No comments:
Post a Comment