Because Ella wasn't big enough for Barbies when we moved into our house almost three years ago, Heath and I decided to use my old dollhouse as a bookshelf for her expansive collection of books. I also added a set of books I received growing up; the books are a collection of bible stories that were mailed to me each month.
Ella has loved reading and books as long as I can remember. Of all the bible stories, her favorite is definitely Jonah & the Whale. What's impressive about her love of the story is that she has now memorized almost every word in the book--yes, even Joppa and Tarshish which are towns in the story.
Having always loved books and reading myself, I couldn't be more happy about her own love of literature. I pray everytime she asks me to read--even though sometimes I don't feel up to it--that she never loses that desire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment