Time to get back into the swing of things... it's school time again! I just can't believe the summer has flown by so quickly.
I remember thinking--back when I was still in school and pregnant--that Eliza (who wasn't here yet) would be three months old when school got back in. And now she is already three months old! A few weeks of colic have seemingly passed and she is a pretty happy baby. She loves daycare, smiling at everybody when she arrives. I hope she stays this content and happy here on out.
Ella likes school but HATES getting up early. Getting two children and myself ready and out the door on time has proved difficult but manageable. I sure hope I can be on time as well as I have been able to in the past.
School itself will be much different this year. Many changes have taken place on our hallway, with people moving here and there. Hannah has moved to the library, Courtney has taken an 8th grade position, Scott is teaching special ed this year, and Dee is the new ILT at Midway. I was incredibly sad because the bond we all share is rare, especially in a workplace. After this week of preplanning, however, I am excited about what this year holds. Scott's wife Michelle is coming back into the classroom and Andrea is coming from 6th grade (who we've been recruiting for many years). Elizabeth is moving into Hannah's spot and Sherri will be my science partner. While the relationships of the past few years will be close to my heart forever, I am thrilled to build new ones in the coming months.
My classroom is ready, my copies are made, and my mind is focused. Here we go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment