Five years ago I never imagined that a group of young teenage girls could grow to mean so much to me. One of my best friends and I decided a few years ago that we wanted to offer the girls at our school an alternative to cheerleading so we made the decision to start a dance team. Thanks to Kasey O'Steen we had a great name--the Blue Diamonds. Five years later I have just returned from what was my last basketball game as coach.
There have been times when I doubted that I was making the right decision and there have been times when I have felt that it couldn't be easier to walk away. In the end, there will always be a piece of my heart with the young ladies that have suffered through their time spent with me. ;) I have watched so many 6th grade babies grow into fine young women; I have seen inexperience and immaturity take shape into skill and leadership.
I am a better teacher and mother for having had the opportunity to be a part of their lives and having them as a part of mine. It has been my pleasure, though frustrating at times, to see these young ladies learn so much about themselves and the ability to dance as they never have before.
I will thoroughly enjoy picking my children up early from daycare everyday. There is no doubt that in my heart though that I will miss them, watching them beam with pride at a stellar performance or hear them giggle as they run off the field.
In my heart I will always be a Diamond! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment