Not blood, thank goodness. But today the 2011 PCMS Lady Bears softball team won the conference championship! To say they simply won doesn't even begin to describe the afternoon. I didn't make it to the first game, but the Bears beat the Gators. They were beating Arthur Williams when I got there, and proceeded to run rule them in a few innings. After a short break during which I got to visit with some of my favorite kiddos in the whole world, the girls had to take the field again, this time against Jeff Davis. The game moved along quickly but was stalled 2 to 1 for awhile. In the sixth inning Jeff Davis scored 6 runs! Whew... the wind almost seemed to be out of our sails, especially after scoring no runs during the bottom of the 6th. But they weren't finished... (thanks in part to the motivational speeches of Katelyn Howard and Morgan Lee). After a pretty quick 1-2-3 top of the 7th, my favorite #11 lead off and got a single. My other favorite #2 hit the tieing run! I thought Arlene and I (and the rest of the Bear fans) were going to have a stroke!But just like I knew they did, my favorite girlies have the hearts of champions and never quit! Regan and Ashlee both got on base again in the 8th and the Bears pulled it out. I don't know if I could have smiled any bigger! And I don't think I could've been any prouder if it was my own kids winning a championship. Congratulations, Lady Bears and coaches, anybody who fights back like that especially deserves a first place trophy! :)
And especially proud of you kiddo--Love ya #11! :)













No comments:
Post a Comment